Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of the War Of The Worlds brings the iconic alien invasion to the stage in spectacular fashion with the 'Life Begins Again' tour at AO Arena, 1 April 2022!
Original tickets will remain valid for this date.
Jeff Wayne commented:
“No matter how disappointing this has been, we know we are the lucky ones who will perform once again.
The LIFE BEGINS AGAIN Tour, is named after an existing song within my Musical Version, a song about life returning to normal following the Martians’ failure to foresee Earth's bacteria.
Now, Mankind will look forward to life beginning again.
As many know, when the Martians invade Earth, they terrifyingly exclaim ULLA! When we return, we believe it will be a cry of joy instead."
Based on HG Wells’ dark Victorian tale, it remains a firm favourite to millions around the world, exciting audiences of all ages.
The arena shows will be well worth the wait.
In 2006 TWOTW was already considered a cutting edge production with six trucks filled to the brim. But in 2022, marking a momentous 16 years of live touring, the production will be up to 12, and with it, a host of ingredients and special effects that will challenge and excite the senses.
A stellar cast will also be announced very soon.
• Jeff Wayne conducting the Black Smoke Band and symphonic ULLAdubULLA strings.
• Liam Neeson in 3D holography as George Herbert, The Journalist.
• The iconic 3-tonne, 35-foot tall Martian Fighting Machine firing real flame Heat Rays at the audience.
• Leaf drops over the audience.
• Mixed live in Surround Sound.
• The incineration of a Cast member in full view of the audience.
UPDATED FOR 2022:
• Giant arched bridge running from the lip of the stage out over the audience to the front-of-house desk.
• Three panoramic screens with 2 hours of cutting edge CGI and other content.
• Lighting and pyrotechnics
• Ground-breaking levitation effect.
NEW FOR 2022:
• Otherworldly special effects.
• The deadly black dust
plus ‘The War of The Worlds’ author, HG Wells - appearing in sight and sound.